[Revised January 25, 2023]
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The Security LeadHER event and its partners ASIS International and the Security Industry Association (SIA), (collectively referred to as “Security LeadHER”) are the sole owners of the information collected on this website. Security LeadHER will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties in ways other than those disclosed in this policy. Security LeadHER collects information from its users at several different points on this website.
All personal data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate.
You do not need to provide us with any personal data to access many of our resources and services, however some services — such as receiving marketing communications or registering for events, requesting access to certain content and accessing members-only information and resources – requires the collection of personal information.
Sections of Security LeadHER’s website have restricted access to online content. To access content on these sections of the website users must first complete a registration form. During registration for our site, users are required to give select personal information and contact information (such as name, address and email address). Users may also be asked to provide optional demographic and other personal information. Some of that information (e.g., interests) is used to keep our content as relevant as possible. Where online access to content is part of a membership or subscription package, registration forms will often contain full subscriber details used to identify and fulfill that subscriber’s account.
When you contact us by email or post, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
If a user wishes to subscribe to Security LeadHER’s email communications, a user is asked for contact and delivery information such as name and email address.
All members will receive essential membership communications, including notices about your membership and renewals, account activation notices, and essential information on Security LeadHER activities, programs and services.
If you opt in to receive marketing communications from us you consent to the processing of your data to send you such communications, which may include newsletters and news alerts, surveys and promotions about programs, services and events. We retain a record of your consent.
You can choose to no longer receive marketing communications by contacting us at email@example.com or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. If you do unsubscribe to marketing communications, it may take up to 5 business days for your new preferences to take effect. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us.
Security LeadHER may request information from users via a survey. Participation in a survey is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic information (such as post code, age level). This information will be used for the purpose of monitoring and improving the functionality of this website and Security LeadHER’s events and offerings.
Security LeadHER may share aggregated demographic information with its partners and sponsors. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify an individual person. Security LeadHER will also share information when using a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services, using industry standard security and encryption.
Security LeadHER requests information from users on its order forms. To place an order a user must provide contact information (like name and email address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfill customer’s orders. If Security LeadHER has trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to contact the user.
DATA WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you visit our digital platforms, we, or third parties on our behalf, automatically collect and store information about your device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) technical information about your device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (c) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; and (d) statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information using cookies in accordance with the Cookies and Log Files sections of this policy and we use the information we collect on an anonymous basis to improve our platforms and the services we provide, and for analytical and research purposes.
Security LeadHER uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the website, track a user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Security LeadHER’s websites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that Security LeadHER is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website and Security LeadHER’s other websites.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA FROM THE EU TO THE US
If you are located in the EEA, you should be aware that your personal information will be transferred to the US. In such cases, where your personal information is transferred from the EEA to the US, we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that appropriate safeguards designed to protect your personal information are implemented.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
- Right of access – you can write to us to ask for confirmation of what personal information we hold on you and to request a copy of that personal information. Provided we are satisfied that you are entitled to see the personal information requested and we have successfully confirmed your identity, we will provide you with your personal information subject to any exemptions that apply.
- Right of erasure – at your request we will delete your personal information from our records as far as we are required to do so. In many cases we shall use limited personal information to suppress further communications with you, rather than delete it entirely.
- Right of rectification – if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated. You can also ask us to check the personal information we hold about you if you are unsure whether it is accurate/ up to date.
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask for processing of your personal information to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate use.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to processing where we are (i) processing your personal information on the basis of the legitimate interests’ ground, (ii) using your personal information for direct marketing or (iii) using your information for statistical purposes.
- Right to data portability – to the extent required by the GDPR, where we are processing your personal information (that you have provided to us) either (i) by relying on your consent or (ii) because such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contact, and in either case we are processing using automated means (i.e. with no human involvement), you may ask us to provide the personal information to you – or another service provider – in a machine-readable format.
- Rights related to automated decision-making – you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information which produces legal effects on you or similarly significantly affects you, unless such a decision (i) is necessary to enter into/ perform a contract between you and us/ another organization; (ii) is authorised by EU or Member State law to which Security LeadHER is subject (as long as that law offers you sufficient protection); or (iii) is based on your explicit consent.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing personal information requested to you.
Please note that some of these rights only apply in limited circumstances. For more information, we suggest that you contact us using the methods above.
In many countries, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how Security LeadHER processes your personal data. When technically feasible, Security LeadHER will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost to Security LeadHER registrants and others upon request made to Security LeadHER at firstname.lastname@example.org. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, Security LeadHER will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, Security LeadHER will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
Security LeadHER takes every precaution to protect its users’ information. When Security LeadHER's registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with encryption software, while accessing a secure page, such as Security LeadHER’s order form, the lock icon in address bar of web browsers should appears. This confirms that the page is secure and not un-locked, or open, such as when you are “surfing”. While Security LeadHER uses SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, Security LeadHER also does everything in its power to protect user-information off-line.
WEBSITE UPDATES AND TRANSACTIONAL EMAILS
Security LeadHER also sends its users website update announcements and communications about your transaction, such as your event registration. Members are not able to un-subscribe from service update announcements and transactional emails, which contain important information about the service they have purchased. Security LeadHER communicates with users to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
Customers and users who have questions or concerns relative to the disclosure of their personal information on this website including its accuracy should contact the Security LeadHER staff for that activity or via our general contact email address email@example.com.
CORRECTION/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as your post code), or if a user no longer desires Security LeadHER’s services, Security LeadHER will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can be done at by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we do not comply, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate authority.
If you opt out, this will impact your ability to receive select services, including communications, access to gated information, ecommerce and other opportunities.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES